Immigration and Settlement

Immigration to Canada is administered federally by the Department of Citizenship and Immigration (CIC) as well as by each of Canada’s provinces who offer specialized programs to expedite immigration by skilled applicants. Immigration requires significant pre-arrival preparation. See the Immigration section of this site for entry requirements, information and links to federal and provincial government immigration program information.

Settlement Agencies provide settlement services to newcomers to Canada. These services are intended to help you adjust to your new life in Canada. Settlement agencies are sometimes called immigrant-serving agencies, refugee-serving agencies, or newcomer services. For more information on settlement agencies and services and contact information visit the Settlement pages of this site.